AOPA Members Working Group
AOPA Members Working Group has around six meetings each year to interact with its members. Any member is welcome to attend. Meetings are usually held on a Saturday at or near an airfield and timed to allow attendees to fly in and out.
The MWG is usually very well represented. George Done, our Chairman, and Martin Robinson, our CEO, usually attend and meetings are chaired by Pauline Vahey. There are regular attendees and people who visit now and again.
The MWG is responsible for nurturing a number of initiatives to fruition, including the Wings Scheme, Regional Representatives and the Mentoring Scheme. It's also a chance to meet members of the Executive if they are in attendance, find out what's going on, and express your own views.
If you'd like to attend or volunteer your services to assist AOPA in any way please contact Pauline Vahey.
Members Working Group Terms of Reference
- To further the aims and objectives of AOPA UK.
- To provide the AOPA board with information, views and opinions from the wider private pilot membership and to make recommendations when necessary.
- To provide support and progress reviews for specific projects and campaigns that benefit the membership at large.
- The group to consist of grass roots members, the AOPA
magazine editor, the Chief Executive and the AOPA Chairman, the latter two by open invitation.
- Membership of the group is voluntary.
- The group will aim to meet at least three times per year at a venue to be decided by the group.
- The group will elect its own chairman who should be a Pilot Member of AOPA
Meeting dates and locations are notified through the AOPA UK Enewsletter. If you do not receive the AOPA UK Enewsletter please subscribe here.
The most recent meeting was held on 18 November 2017 at White Waltham.
The next meetings are:
January 27th 50a Cambridge St.
April 7th White Waltham
June 2nd TBA – a Fly-in to a Corporate Member
September 29th White Waltham
November 24th TBA