FI(A) & CRI(A) Refresher Course
FI Seminar Header Slides
"All good and professionally done. I would recommend the Seminar to any Flight Instructor"
"All very interesting and delivered in a highly professional manner. Thank you"
"I’d just like to thank you and the team for the running of, and content of the seminar this week.
These things can be a box ticking exercise; your seminar was anything but! I took a great deal away from it largely due to the presentations and the chance to interact with experienced GA instructors. I feel a lot more equipped to manage the challenge of returning to being a good GA instructor."
AOPA run several FI(A) Refresher courses each year, as listed later in this article. If you are an FI(H) we recommend:
Helicopter Services at Wycombe Air Park. These courses are run by Geoff Day and are run approx every 3 months at Helicopter Services Ltd, Wycombe Air Park (Booker). They are 2-day courses, are only open and applicable to helicopter instructors and usually held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please contact Helicopter Services on 01494 513166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
FI(A)/IRI – Revalidation
For revalidation of an FI(A) certificate, the holder shall fulfil 2 of the following 3 requirements:
(1) complete: at least 50 hours of flight instruction in the appropriate aircraft category during the period of validity of the certificate. If the privileges to instruct for the IR are to be revalidated, 10 of these hours shall be flight instruction for an IR and shall have been completed within the last 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate;
(2) attend an instructor refresher course, within the validity period of the FI certificate;
(3) pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935, within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate.
For at least each alternate subsequent revalidation the holder shall have to pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935.
If the FI certificate has lapsed, the applicant shall, within a period of 12 months before renewal:
(1) attend an instructor refresher course;
(2) pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935.
Remember that every other renewal must include an assessment of competence.
The AOPA Flight Instructor Revalidation Course for FI(A) meets the requirements of EASA AMC1 FCL.940.FI(a)(2). UK, and EU Instructors may attend this course in 2020.
CRI(A) - Revalidation
For revalidation of a CRI certificate the applicant shall, within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the CRI certificate:
(1) conduct at least 10 hours of flight instruction in the role of a CRI. If the applicant has CRI privileges on both single-engine and multi-engine aeroplanes, the 10 hours of flight instruction shall be equally divided between single-engine and multi-engine aeroplanes; or
(2) receive refresher training as a CRI at an ATO; or
(3) pass the assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935 for multi-engine or single-engine aeroplanes, as relevant.
For at least each alternate revalidation of a CRI certificate, the holder shall have to comply with the requirement of (3).
If the CRI certificate has lapsed, the applicant shall, within a period of 12 months before renewal:
(1)receive refresher training as a CRI at an ATO;
(2)pass the assessment of competence established in FCL.935.
During the two day course, Topics covered will include :
Our course is structured for instructors teaching across the complete range of ab initio, CPL and IR students
AOPA UK is a CAA approved Training Organisation, Number PTO-107 and meets the requirements of EASA-Part FCL for Flight Instructor Rating renewal.
Meet the Team
FI Seminar Speakers
"I found the whole experience extremely beneficial, all the presenters were excellent, the information well structured and the timetable very well balanced and controlled.The admin was also highly efficient and the whole seminar well worth the money.
Thank you for accommodating me at short notice."
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need to bring:
- A completed Form SRG1135.
- Your Pilot’s licence
- Your log books showing evidence of the number of instructional hours you have completed
Will I need to give a presentation?
During the Course, candidates will be allocated to syndicates and be required to consider a topical training issues and deliver a short presentation back as a group to all candidates. This is not a test and is designed to facilitate discussion during questions and share current thoughts. Candidates will have time to prepare, discuss and decide format in their syndicates. Candidates are encouraged to bring any of their own training notes, manuals and pens/notebooks that they might find useful.
What are the costs involved?
The cost for our seminars is:
The non-member price is £275 (£229.17 plus VAT @ 20% of £45.83)
"Excellent Seminar at right level. Friendly and professional presenters who ran to time"
"This has been an interesting and informative course and I continue to be impressed by the depth of knowledge and the wealth of experience of
What does the price include?
Lectures and presentations over two days, morning and afternoon refreshments and a buffet lunch. And a Certificate of Attendance.
Where and when is it held?
Please note that we no longer cover FI(H) renewals/revalidations at AOPA Courses.
The two-day courses last six hours each day. Under EASA Rules you may attend a seminar any time during the validity of your FI Rating.
For more information regarding the AOPA Instructor Course contact John Pett by email or phone 07754 780 335.
Schedule of AOPA Flight Instructor (Aeroplane) Courses
|7/8 July 2020||AOPA UK, 50a Cambridge Street, LONDON||10:15 - 18:00||John Pett||020 7834 5631|
|24/25 November 2020||AOPA UK, 50a Cambridge Street, LONDON||10:15 - 18:00||John Pett||020 7834 5631|
All attendees must book and pay in advance as there will be no registrations accepted at the door on the day. You can book your place online now for AOPA Courses. Just click the "Book Now" button for both secure online and offline payment options.